Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ATG Gun




Hello Everyone,
  Thanks so much for the lovely comments about my ATG gun.  There were also some questions that I want to answer for you.  Before I painted the gun I took it a part so all the black pieces would stay black  except the inside wheels.  They looked like they had a lot of pieces so I left them on.  I then primed all the parts I planed on painting and let that dry about a half a day. I did this to make sure my paint would stick because the color I wanted did not say it was for plastic.  Next I painted my top coat which is called Key Lime and let this dry over night.  I loved the look but still wanted more so I added BoBunny rub on swirls.  Then I sprayed a clear coat on top so my rubons would stay put.  All and all it came out really good, but there are a few things I would change. I would not paint the inside wheels because they connect to each other, and I can see where the paint is chipping where they touch. I would also prep the gun a little better for the paint job( give it a light sanding so the paint adheres better, sand the primer coat for better adhesion before adding top coat)  I would also let the clear coat dry for a day, some of my swirls broke apart from handling to soon.  I know this sounds like a long process but it really wasn't and the work was well worth it. 
   Enjoy your day and Craft On.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ya

    Welcome to Crafty cardmakers, great to have you aboard and look forward to working with you

    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete